Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
EMEA Technical Services are responsible for the support of IT Infrastructure across the EMEA region.
This is a Hybrid role based out of the Bank St, Canary Wharf office.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of EMEA Technical Services, a role currently based in Dublin.
The LTSM has four direct reports who manage the EUC & Audio Visual platforms, Voice, Data Centre & Finance/Tech Admin, there are also eighteen indirect reports who are a mix of FTE and Managed Services.
Additional to the London office this role also manages multiple offices and Business Continuity sites across Continental Europe and the Middle East, this includes the Regional Data Centres in the UK.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have an IT Infrastructure background both as an Engineer and a Senior Manager. You should be able to demonstrate the following attributes
· Have successfully managed Support and Engineering Infrastructure teams across some of the following platforms: Desktop/EUC, Data Centre, Networks, Voice/Unified Comms, Server/Storage.
· Experience in managing both capital and expense budgets.
· Liaison with NT Infrastructure Architecture, Engineering and Product teams mostly based in US
· Ability to coordinate with multiple Technical and Project Management teams to ensure successful delivery of the installation, lifecycle and decommissioning of infrastructure
· Ability to build relationships with Technology and Business partners within region globally.
· Must be a skilled communicator, able to create and deliver presentations to non-technical Executive partners as well as peers, and act as Business Liaison during Critical Incidents
· Experience in supporting a Trade Floor environment.
· DataCentre management and ownership
· New office build-outs / changes or closures
· Experience of Managed Service/ Out-sourced support model
· Staff development, Comp, Benefits, annual review cycles, hiring and disciplinary processes.
· Owns London Infrastructure BCP, contributes to EMEA wide BCP activities.
· Works with Business Continuity / Facilities / Security teams / Procurement & Vendor Management for EMEA
· Management of Internal/External Audits against SOX/SOC, physical access and Vendor Management controls.
· Acts as a leader in diversity not only in thoughts but in actions. Promotes a culture of openness.
· Provides delegation for the Head of EMEA Tech Services, covers during absences.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
· Change Management ITSM/ITIL trained
· Microsoft/Cisco certifications
· Azure / Cloud
· Project Management, Agile, Prince2 and PMP
· Networking IP/Topologies, Cloud on/off Prem
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Operational and Service-Level Agreement Management.
· Stays relevant with latest technologies
· Demonstrable experience with Windows 10, Microsoft O365 products, SharePoint, Teams, WebEx, OneDrive, OneNote, Power Bi & Visio
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
Manchester - 1 Saint Peter's Square - Excellent salary and benefits...Apply For This Job
DESCRIPTION We are looking for a engineering-minded technology developer to collaborate with other developers and end users in an agile...Apply For This Job
Department Profile The mission of the Global Technology Department is to provide a highly reliable and commercial technology platform, which...Apply For This Job
DESCRIPTION Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management...Apply For This Job
Company Profile Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment...Apply For This Job